Concept Type: Web Application
In one sentence: Build your legend. Raise your score.
Is it open source: Of course.
- Happy (n)th Birthday! [25 points]
- Goals: Another trip ’round the sun (Repeatable, yearly)
- Make it to 18 alive! [50 points]
- Achievements: Happy (n)th Birthday, #s 1 through 18.
- Got your Diploma! [100 points ]
- Goals: Escape from Primary school
- Get your first bachelors degree [100 points ]
- Goals: My First Degree
- Get your second bachelors degree [100 points ]
- Achievements: Get your first bachelors degree
- Goals: Overachiever
- Get your nth bachelors degree [100 points ]
- Achievements: Get your second bachelors degree
- Goals: Masochist (Repeatable)
- Get to your ideal weight and body composition [100 points]
- Goals: Iron will
- Maintain your ideal weight and body composition for (n) months [10 points]
- Goals: Homeostasis (repeatable, monthly)
Sequential Achievements cannot be received twice, but must also actually be achieved sequentially; so, maintaining your ideal weight for 4 months followed by a year of, let us say ‘not ideal weight’, followed by a month of ideal weight grants no Achievement points. Another four months at the ideal weight would grant the “Maintain your ideal weight and body composition for 5 months’.
- Registration/Sign in.
- Create Goals, Achievements and Legends. Might be able to call it a MVP w/out repeatable Goals / sequential Achievements, but that’s some weak sauce.
- Compare scores.
- Alerts (in app) on Goal completion and Achievement completion.
- At least one pre-defined Legend. Two or three would be better: Education focus, Health and Wellness focus… Environmental impact focus?
- Which implies a fairly robust set of Achievements
- Binary privacy for Scores (subscribed goals and achievements). E.g. it’s either world visible or only visible by you.
- HUGE warnings about “Beta product! Accidents happen!”
Potential Future Enhancements
- Social integration.
- Sharing levels for “Scores”
- Publish an API for (at least) updating Goal progress
- Leverage API to create integrations with other services
- Fitbit, Withings Scales, whatever
- Real mobile App.
- Serve ads on site, of course.
- Product tie-ins (I see you’re tracking your weight manually… Enjoy this discount on a Withings Scale! Ok, so glorified ads)
- Beg on a street corner
Super pipe-dream / Random Thoughts
Source Control: Github
Builds: Bash, Grunt, TeamCity
Frontend: AngularJS, Bootstrap
- This write-up
- Purchased domain name.
- Under consideration